Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My First Post!

There comes a time in all young peoples' lives where they must come to grips with the fact that they have to grow up and learn how to do things themselves. Just like our parents will not always be there to clean our rooms and do our laundry, they will certainly not always be there to cook. 

Come August, I will be living in an apartment-style dormitory which comes complete with a mostly fully-functional kitchen. I'll have access to an oven/stove, which is awesome considering the dorms I lived in last year only contained a microwave/refrigerator combo. It was awful. I survived off of Chik-Fil-A and mutilated waffles... But now, with the proper tools, I can cook food that won't gain me a "Sophomore 15" and is actually good

There's only one problem:
My cooking abilities are limited to mixes that come out of boxes. Macaroni and Cheese, Cake Mix, Pasta Salad, etc. Oh, I can make scrambled eggs pretty well, too, but other than that, nothing! 

So I have decided to start this blog. Hopefully, with my posts, I can prove that just about anyone can cook! I "Wannabe" a Chef, or at least be able to cook like one... So here goes nothing! Wish me luck... I'm probably going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment